Thursday, February 9, 2012

Not the Best

It hasn't been the best week as far as willpower goes.  I've had Wendy's.  Twice. Luckily, it seems that I've gotten it all out of my system for now. Tonight I ordered the kids pizza, but I had a veggie sandwich instead, and I totally avoided buying chocolate at the grocery last night, even though I desperately wanted to.  I've also been drinking water with a shot of Mio (no calorie flavoring for water) instead of diet soda.  I guess that means it hasn't been too awful, but I still feel like a big, fat, failure for grabbing that Wendy's.  It's one of my worst indulgences, and I know better.

I bought an interesting book this week as well - it's called "Body Clutter" and it's by The Flylady, Marla Cilley and Leanne Ely and so far it's very good. It is essentially a book that encourages you (through exercises and journaling assignments throughout the book) to deal with the emotional issues behind food addiction and weight issues. It is by far one of the most intelligent approaches I've ever seen, and it helps that it has the weight of a professional nutritionist behind it.  I plan to post some of the journal entries here on the blog as I work through the book.

I know my blog isn't particularly funny or snarky, which is what so many people seem to want these days, but it is truthful. I hope that you'll share it, so that others who are going through the same issues I am can read and realize that they're not alone in this struggle for a better, healthier life.

No comments:

Post a Comment